Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Why I Run

I thought as the very first post of this blog, I would explain the reason I run. I have never thought of running with fondness and have only very recently thought it was sort of fun. I haven't actually reached the point of enjoying a run while I'm actually running, but I hear some people do. I remember dreading the day we had to run the mile in school and tried to think of ways to get out it.

But now, I run. That seems so weird to say, but I run. Ha ha! Still can't get over how weird that sounds!

I run because (and I know this is going to sound silly) but I want to be able to outrun the bad guy. You know, that hypothetical psychopath that is hiding in the backseat of your car at night, or lurking in a dark corner. Yeah, that guy.

I run because I want to lose weight, and be healthy.

I run because I want to be able to eat some cake from time to time and not feel guilty.

I run because going to races is fun and the feeling of crossing the finish line is amazing.

But mostly, I run because of this:

I want to be a healthy and active mother and wife. I want to be able to run after my kids (because hopefully some day it will be kids) and I want to be able to set a good example of a healthy lifestyle.

So, let's see Teri run!

No comments:

Post a Comment