Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Saturday's Loooooong 8 miler

This post is a little late in coming, but it was a *perfect* morning for running. It was just slightly chilly if you were standing still, which meant once you got moving, it was just right. It wasn't humid, there weren't very many bugs and there was a little bit of morning mist clinging to the trail. It was just beautiful!

And I thought I was doing pretty good, until about half way, I realized that I'd been going downhill the whole way! Then I had to turn my butt around and run back up. It wasn't very fun. Thankfully, though, I had my friend Silvia to keep me company and we chatted the entire time. I'm glad that I had someone to talk to! It made the miles go by faster!

My knees hurt now and I'm dog tired, but I did it. And I can't believe that did it! There once was a time where I thought I would never be able to run more than two miles at a time. Now I'm cranking out 8 miles and spittin' them out like they were nothin'. Well, maybe not nothing, but I was able to finish. And that's the important part.

No comments:

Post a Comment