Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

I think I overdid it

Isn't there a saying that says if something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing? I think that's where I was yesterday. I ran my usual 3 miles around Lake Johnson

(and did it two minutes faster than normal! Hurray for the temperature dropping!) and then later that night decided to stay and play volleyball at my church.

Not only was I already tired from my run, but within the first little bit of playing, I hit my finger wrong on the ball and it instantly swelled up to twice it's diameter and turned dark bluish purple. I'm pretty sure I broke an artery in my finger (because of the swiftness of the swelling). I then continued to play volleyball for another two hours before getting so tired, that I was not really participating in the game at all.
It's hard to see, but in the middle of my pointer finger is where most of the bruise lies. It's gotten much better from last night.
I came home, showered and took some ibuprofen and went to bed. And I woke up so sore this morning, that I've been hobbling around all day! That's what I get for being a crazy woman, I suppose...

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 45:07
Calories Burned: 746

No comments:

Post a Comment